When the holidays are over and you start working or studying again, you want to commit to getting back in shape.
Maybe you ate too much and did little physical activity but it is normal, you have been on holidays!
It could also be an opportunity to take stock of the resolutions taken at the beginning of the year and see where you are.
Often, however, among working or studying and other daily activities, you do not have neither time nor motivation.
How would it be following a program that helps you in achieving your objectives now?
Here are some ideas to help you stick to an easy-to-maintain schedule.
Small daily efforts
Decision taken, this year you will try to use less the car, both because it is a super ecological action and therefore good for the planet, and because you will be forced to find other means of transport to get around. You will also strengthen your body without realizing it.
Ready to include some physical activity in your daily life?
- Do not park the closest possible to the shop entrance. Park further away and take a stroll.
2. Stop taking the elevator if you live or work on a relatively low floor.
3. Get around by bike or on foot.
4. Don’t have your shopping delivered to you, do it yourself.
5. Go and buy a sandwich at lunchtime on foot. It allows you to relax a bit, change air and walk.
6. Go for walks of at least 30 minutes at least once a week (I walk at least 30 minutes every day, but I suffer from the restless legs syndrome – RLS). You can walk on the street, in the nature, on the beach, alone or with friends. The important thing is to walk.
7. Buy a Pilates ball and sit on it to watch your favourite TV series, movie, or whatever you like.
As you can see nothing strange and impossible! Start introducing one habit at a time and you will soon find your shape again with a minimum effort. To help you out, you can use an app or a bracelet that monitors your activity like a real coach.
Little efforts at home
We know that sometimes it is hard to find time to go to the gym. Why not doing some physical activity at home then? You can buy accessories that allow you to do some gym without leaving your place, such as electro-stimulators, vibrating platforms or abdominal belts, which tone the muscles by causing contractions. You can also follow some exercises online, YouTube offers them of all kinds. You can do Yoga to relax the body without forgetting the muscles, meditation and relaxation, perfect for learning to breathe deeply and to use breathing as a method to fight stress and anxiety. 10 minutes every morning when you wake up will be good for you. Find a trainer you like, subscribe to their channel and receive notifications every time they upload a new video.
Small efforts on the plate
Holidays are sometimes synonymous with excess. To get back in shape you need to fill up on vitamins. Start the day with a smoothie or fresh fruit juice. Then continue with a healthy, non-fat lunch of seasonal vegetables. It will help you regain your shape.
You can also drink a glass of warm water in the morning on an empty stomach to stimulate metabolism, detoxify the body and facilitate digestion. Add some lemon and it will be tasty.