Do you know yoga can do more than just strengthen and tone your body? Recent research shows it can have a powerful effect on your health—making it a perfect remedy for several diseases, from high blood pressure to anxiety and depression.
For years, yoga was considered part of the New Age. But today you can find yoga classes all over, and people are giving it a try.
You may already be familiar with some yoga moves such as downward dog and mountain pose, but yoga is more than that. It’s a total mind-body workout that includes: postures, breathing practices, deep relaxation, and meditation that helps improve your health in several ways.
Some health benefits:
- Yoga helps you improving your balance, flexibility, strength, and coordination
- Yoga can help reduce your risk of heart disease
- It may be the perfect way to relieve migraines and fight osteoporosis
- Yoga can undo the harmful effects of stress
- Relaxing breathing techniques you can practice anywhere so you can stay calm and release tension
Plus, the meditation component of yoga may even help to delay the beginning of Alzheimer’s disease and fight age-related declines in memory.
Why not give yoga a try and see how it can help your health?
Comments are closed.