It is said that being happy is a choice. But we have a tendency to complicate our lives to the point of not recognising it when we have it in front of our eyes.
What could we do to be happier?
Here are nine things we should let go to find more happiness in our lives:
1. Give up anger. Anger steals time and precious energy that we could use more usefully. Did you know that for a minute of anger you need an hour to recover?
2. Let go of things you can’t control. Control is an illusion. We live in a world that is out of control, we have to accept the fact that we cannot control everything.
3. Stop worrying about what others think of you. This also makes us waste time and energy. We could never please everyone, there will always be someone who doesn’t like us. It doesn’t matter what other people think of us. .
4. Try to be the best version of yourselves, to spontaneously attract people who are related to you.
5. Stop living in the past. We all have gone through difficult times. But we survived. Try to silence that little voice that tells you: “I should have done this”, “I shouldn’t have done that”, “if I went back I would change things”. The past is past and does not come back, so let’s accept it as it is. We can learn many lessons from the past that will help us manage the present and lay the foundations for the future.
6. Try to buy fewer useless things because they don’t make you happier but they empty your pockets. The less things we have, the happier we will be.
7. Stop gossiping. Those who share gossip with you today, will be the same gossiping on you tomorrow.
8. Don’t worry more than you should. Worrying means investing time and energy in something that has yet to happen. Again, let it go and try to trust life.
9. Stop taking things personally. People are just too busy thinking about their own lives to be able to think about others’ lives. The world does not turn around you. Most people’s reactions have nothing to do with you, don’t worry about it.