Our thoughts are very powerful. They contribute largely to our mood. When negative thoughts creep into our mind without asking for permission, we can easily fall into a pattern of negativity that reflects on our life and well-being. It seems difficult to get out of the vicious circle of negative thoughts, but there are simple solutions that take us towards positive thinking and drive out negative ideas. It can be enough to carefully observe the pattern of our thoughts and try to change them.
Here are 5 steps that will guide you towards positive thinking.
- Write down your negative thoughts. Realising how critical we are to ourselves is the first step towards indulgence. Maybe you don’t notice how many times your inner voice says “I am really incapable” or “I will never be able to do it”. When a thought like that gets in your mind, write it down. It will help you understand how you (badly) treat yourself from time to time (or maybe often?).
- Fight negative thoughts with positive thoughts. Once you have written down your negative thoughts, fight them with positive ones. Try replacing some of your negative thoughts with positive thoughts. For example, don’t think that you are incapable, think you are sensitive. And even if you have not reached your goal yet, remember that your determination will allow you to get there.
- Put sticky notes on the mirror congratulating yourself. This may make you smile, but writing love messages to yourself can really work. Starting the day with small positive notes will allow you to feel better. It will also help you fight the negative inner voice during your day.
- Speak to yourself as if you were talking to a friend. Could you ever tell a friend how ugly they are, that they will never succeed in life, or that they are incapable? So why would you do it to yourself? Treat yourself with more kindness and don’t judge yourself. Do not seek perfection and remember that we learn from our mistakes.
- Practice, practice, practice. Maybe these techniques will not come naturally to you at first. Perhaps you will not believe in positive thinking or you will not be able to replace negative thoughts with positive ones. But if you try some techniques every day, after a while it will become easier. So, practice, practice, practice.
Remember that you cannot change a situation but you can change your approach to it. By changing your thoughts, you will also change your life.
Comments are closed.